Managing Visitors and Volunteers in Natural Areas
Presented in a hybrid format (a combination of online and in-person training), this workshop will provide guidance on how to integrate visitors and volunteers into natural areas management.
Online: 1 April - 2 May 2016
In-person: 4 - 5 May 2016, Gold Head Branch State Park, Keystone Heights FL
In this workshop, participants will:
- Learn to effectively and appropriately plan recreation opportunities (trails, facilities, etc.) for visitor use
- Create effective and informative interpretation for visitors
- Develop an understanding of benefits and challenges of managing a volunteer program
- Learn about the types of trainings and legal issues required for a volunteer program
- Learn how to recruit volunteers and the important elements of volunteer job descriptions
- Apply knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines to develop new facilities and evaluate existing ones
- Online: To be completed at your own pace anytime between 1 April - 2 May 2016.
- In–person: Two-day in-person training on 4 & 5 May 2016 at Gold Head Branch State Park, Keystone Heights, FL
- Registration: $250 (does not include lodging)
- Food: Coffee, water, snacks, and lunch will be provided by NATA during the days of the in-person training. Workshop participants will be responsible for any other meals.
- Optional Lodging: $45/person/night at Gold Head Branch State Park (2 people per cabin; NATA will make reservations and match roommates).
Please note there is no internet access at the park. If you prefer to secure your own lodging we recommend the Waldo Inn & Suites in Waldo, FL.
- Group registration: rates are available for a single agency registering multiple participants. Please contact the workshop coordinator (email@example.com) for details.
- Optional events at GHBSP on 4 May 2016: Evening dinner and campfire social: 6:00PM - ?
Registration closes 18 March 2016
Cancellation requests are subject to a $50 fee;
no refunds will be offered after registration closes
Copyright © 2016 Natural Areas Training Academy, All rights reserved.
Natural Areas Training Academy
155 Research Road
Quincy, FL 32351