INWOOD CONSULTING ENGINEERS - ENVI. SCIENTIST
Inwood Consulting Engineers, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time environmental scientist. The position primarily involves comprehending and applying knowledge of environmental permitting, minor NEPA/NMSA reviews, data entry, and database management to transportation projects while utilizing good practice in environmental science and ecology. The ideal candidate should be able to identify and analyze well-defined problems under the direction of senior staff; make decisions consistent with Florida transportation policies; design or develop solutions to problems by applying accepted procedures and methods; and identify risks and management options.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Review roadway plans to determine permitting requirements for minor and major transportation project
- Prepare state and federal permit applications for minor transportation projects
- Assist in preparing and reviewing reports in support of projects, including protected species, natural habitat, environmental impacts, biological evaluations, minor NEPA/NMSA, and related regulatory requirements and compliance guidelines
- Review documents for minor projects prepared by others, including pre-design environmental documents, permit exemption verifications, or need for additional wildlife surveys
- Maintain spreadsheets for expiring permits and NEPA/NMSA checklist
- Assist in preparing draft environmental scope, units, and staff hours for minor projects based on existing transportation permitting policies and guidelines
- Attend project-related meetings
More information and application here.